Monday, July 23, 2007

Israel day 10, 11 & 12

Israel day 10, 11 & 12
July 7 - 9, 2007 – Tel Aviv

Day 10, July 7 – Saturday

It is Saturday and our first day in Tel Aviv. Ron dropped us off last night and I parked the car in a parking lot across the street from our hotel. The Mediterranean Sea and beach is on the west side of the parking lot and our hotel is on the east side of the parking lot, so we have an uninterrupted view of the beach and sea.

Ron told us ahead of time that there was not much to see in Tel Aviv, it was another new city, only 150 years old, so we didn’t need a guide here. So Dianne and I choose to go to Gordon beach (based on the Frommer’s Guide) that is now called La La Land Beach.

After nine days of touring, visiting museums, archeological sites, and learning about Israel I was full. A day at the beach; sitting still; reading; writing my travel blog was just a treat. Dianne was nice enough to cooperate and sit still for two and a half hours. And, because it was a Saturday in Israel most places are closed. I later found out Dianne wasn’t feeling well. So besides everything being closed that was probably the reason she was able to sit still.

Israel day 11
July 8, 2007 – Sunday

We have not used the Budget rental car in 2 days; I don’t plan to use it; I don’t want to use it to drive to the airport; and I don’t want to drive in this city. So I turned it in a couple of days early. What I save on the car, even after paying the extra for letting Ron drive it, more than makes up for any taxi fare to the airport.

Dianne decides she wants to go to the open air flea market and the Old City of Jaffa which is on the south of Tel Aviv. We start walking to the flea market, and I was a little unsure of finding the flea market, and Dianne was still not feeling well, so half way there we took a cab and it was only $4. We had a good time and it was an easy walk to Jaffa. Unfortunately, Dianne was getting worse so we didn’t have a chance to see much and took a cab back to the hotel.

We knew we were ready to leave Tel Aviv, but we had to wait until Tuesday for our scheduled flight.

Israel day 12
July 9, 2007 – Monday

It’s July 22, and Dianne felt so bad that she just stayed in bed all day. Yesterday she also felt sick, but still had to keep up her tour. Me, I could have gone to the beach for another day. I’ve got plenty of sunscreen and reading materials. For Dianne to not tour, she has to be ready to drop. I used the time to do more writing.

No comments: