Wednesday, April 15, 2009

State of Play the movie

Last year I did travel, but not much. For my birthday in July Dianne took me to Sedona, AZ. We also drove to the "ghosttown" Jerome, which was unique, as well as some of the folks we met there.

However, this post is about a movie shown in the KCET film series class that Dianne and I attend twice per year. State of Play, from Universal, comes out this Friday. It has Russell Crowe, Ben Affleck, Helen Mirren, Jason Bateman, Jeff Daniels, Rachel McAdams and more. It is based on a hit BBC mini-series of the same name about investigative reporters helping solve the murder of a congressman's mistress. It is well written, very tight, suspensful, well acted and I highly recommend seeing it. Originally, Brad Pitt was assigned to play the part Russell Crowe got, and I can't see how anyone else could have done as good a job as Crowe.

No comments: